- Thaw on a dish in the refrigerator in the vacuum-sealed package.
- Never defrost at room temperature.
- Never thaw by running under hot water.
- Smaller items thaw in approximately 24 hrs. Larger items can take 48 – 60 hrs.
- Steaks can be re-frozen if not removed from vacuum-sealed packaging.
- Always preheat your grill
- USDA Prime & Dry-aged Prime -Sear on high heat (1 min/side) first. Lower temperature and continue grilling to desired doneness.
- Canadian & Japanese Wagyu – Do not grill over direct flame unless your fire insurance is paid up. Cook in a cast iron pan on grill or stovetop.
- Always rest steaks for at least 5 minutes after removing from heat. Internal temperature will rise another 5 – 10 degrees during that time.
- Use a meat thermometer to check doneness – 110-120F (rare), 120-130F (medium rare), 130-140 (medium)…cooking further to medium-well or well-done is a crime we won’t be part of.
- Cooking times will vary based on cut and weight (thickness)
When only the best steaks will do.
For more information about about buying steak online via our online butcher shop, do not hesitate to get in touch with us at (902) 876-2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org